Thursday, March 20, 2008

What's a "Widget"?

So, I've got a great service that allows me to design "Virtual Flyers" for my clients' homes for sale. vFlyer.com is the name of the company and I've been very happy with their Flyers. They've got an easy to use system that duplicates my efforts. Basically, after I design a flyer, like this one for my listing at 13810 McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers, FL, they upload the flyer to almost a dozen other websites automatically. Sites like trulia.com, hotpads.com, google base, oodle.com, etc...and I don't have to do a thing. It literally multiplies my efforts and my listings' exposure by a factor of 10. I can even upload the code to craigslist too, not that I have a clue about "code", but they make it idiot proof...which is perfect for me. Check out this flyer for The Plantation Golf and Country Club on Craigslist.com: http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/rfs/611911848.html. You'll see what a difference it makes, try looking at a normal post now (http://www.craigslist.com/), they're horrible. I'm actually shocked that "Craig and his list" got so popular and important on the web. Make no mistake, however, it is now an internet presence, but that's another discussion...

So vFlyer has a "widget" that I can upload to my websites or blogs. I've never used it though, so I'm trying it here, bare with me. A widget is basically an embedded object that allows you look at a video or slideshow from another site, without going to that site. Let me see if I can show you...



What do you think? I like that Widget, but it doesn't fit so well in this blog, let me try this one:



So, not only do my listings go out automatically to over a dozen websites the day they hit the MLS, but with vFlyer now I can even promote them to buyers through a blog like this or on my website at http://www.jeffcody.net/.

You've gotta love technology... - Jeff

No comments: